DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
DAI seeks a COP for the anticipated USAID-funded Egypt Nosf Misr program. Nosf Misr will be a five-year activity focused on supporting gender equality and female empowerment, with a concentration on advancement of the enabling environment for women’s empowerment, economic opportunity, and prevention and protection from gender-based violence.
- Responsible for overall implementation, management, and results of the project.
- S/he is the team’s chief interlocutor with USAID and is responsible for establishing and maintaining constructive working relationships with stakeholders spanning in the public and private sector in Egypt, other development partners, and USAID implementers.
- Provide in-depth leadership in all technical areas as required to achieve Nosf Misr’s objectives.
- Manage, lead, and oversee all staff, consultants, and subcontractors in achieving project results
- Serve as the final authority for the contractor on management issues including compliance, staff, logistics, financial accounting, and security, in cooperation with the home office.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of international development work experience (primarily in developing countries) with increasing responsibility, at least 5 years of which included a focus on women’s empowerment, private sector engagement, service delivery, and gender-based violence.
- Experience managing field-based global programs in Egypt or similar development contexts
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage challenging and complex projects that engage a variety of public and private sector institutions and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work on successful institutional reform processes that also engage private sector investors
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills, including an ability to interact effectively with government counterparts and local organizations
- Fluency in English and Arabic required.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to NosfMisr@dai.com. Applicants should note their area of expertise in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information.