Land O’Lakes International Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in crop inputs, agricultural insights, dairy and animal nutrition from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned global agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
Land O’Lakes International Development seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated program to implement activities aimed to support smallholder productivity and strengthen the existing market system with the objective of increasing agricultural productivity, resilience and nutrition in the Upper West, Upper East, North East, Northern and Savannah Regions. The anticipated project will strengthen value chain linkages and increase agricultural productivity in maize, soybean, cowpea, groundnut, and high value crops, as well as improve access to finance. The position will be based in Accra or Tamale, Ghana and is contingent upon an award to Land O’Lakes International Development.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for driving innovation in the implementation of project activities and ensure sound management practices over the life of the project. The Chief of Party will oversee a complement of project staff, coordinate with international and local partner organizations, foster a collaborative working relationship with USAID/Ghana and the broader development community in Ghana, as well as other stakeholders including Government of Ghana officials, and private agribusiness.
· Provide strategic vision, overall leadership and technical direction to the project.
· Oversee technical assistance to ensure that project aligns with the Annual Work Plan and in close coordination with USAID while focusing on the overall objective and results of the project.
· Represent the project as the key liaison with USAID, Government of Ghana counterparts, and local stakeholders.
· Provide overall coordination for the project and ensure operational harmony with other partners.
· Guarantee timely, high-quality, and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by the customer.
· Oversee budgets and financial accounting and work with Land O’Lakes HQ on budget forecasting and pipeline analysis.
· Maintain routine and regular communication with Land O’Lakes HQ on project progress, contracts and compliance related matters, and other management related aspects.
· Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with Land O’Lakes standard operating procedures, customer policies and regulations, and national policies and laws.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Master’s degree in agribusiness, international development, economics, business management, agricultural or rural development, or another relevant field.
· At least 10 years of demonstrated senior management experience in managing complex value chain or agribusiness projects, preferably on USAID contracts.
· Proven ability to coordinate with other local and international NGO stakeholders and a broad array of international funding agencies.
· Extensive experience and/or technical knowledge in designing, managing and evaluating development projects and activities, including experience in flexible management and implementation approaches.
· Demonstrated ability to remain flexible and creative to successfully lead technical assistance and operations teams to achieve project objectives.
· Familiarity with approaches to strengthen the enabling environment to stimulate agricultural growth and incentivize inclusive private sector investment.
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to build and manage cooperative high-level relationships and motivate subordinates.
· Experience managing facilitative, market systems development programs preferred.
· Experience managing donor funded programs preferably in Ghana.
· Excellent oral and written skills in English.
The position described above is contingent upon activity award.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Land O’Lakes never requests money or payment from candidates for any position type. Please report any such requests to Land O’Lakes.