Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded project in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR) focusing on enabling business environments and promoting trade investment. Position is subject to successful project award.
Crown Agents USA
We are change agents for greater global prosperity, delivering practical innovations in economic governance and trade; humanitarian solutions and food security, health systems, monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, supply chain as a partner of the US Government.
As a subsidiary of Crown Agents Limited, we leverage the expertise, resources, and network amassed from over 180 years of international development experience. Crown Agents works in 100+ countries, with on-the-ground presence in more than 35 and 13 permanent corporate offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are wholly owned by a nonprofit foundation, allowing us to combine corporate agility with a commitment to reinvesting our profits in transforming lives.
Located in Washington, DC and incorporated in 1998, Crown Agents USA provides technical assistance and support to clients such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Department of State (DoS), and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
The purpose of the anticipated Business Environment project is to increase the Laotian government’s capacity to conduct trade within global and bilateral trade frameworks and engage with relevant stakeholders to promote economic partnerships and investment.
- Provide technical leadership, overall project management, and quality assurance oversight of the project;
- Serve as the main point of contact for USAID’s Regional Development Mission for Asia, the Government of Lao PDR, and other project stakeholders;
- Manage project budget and ensure quality control, accountability, and compliance with USAID and CA-USA policies and procedures for all project tasks;
- Monitor and evaluate program goals through data collection and analysis while providing relevant reports and communications with key stakeholders;
- Supervise expatriate and local short-term experts while ensuring completion of tasks and successful achievement of objectives; and
- Liaise with and advise senior-level partner-country officials and stakeholders.
- Master’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, International Economic Policy, or related field required;
- Minimum 15 years of experience in economic growth initiatives, policy reform, decentralization, trade, public/private partnerships, and/or public/private dialogue in Lao PDR or a similar economic/political environment preferred;
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant project management and leadership experience on USAID-funded projects as a COP/DCOP;
- Recent work experience in Lao PDR or similar country context preferred; and
- Fluency in English required.
Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.