Job Title: Chief of Party, Interim (Remote)
Department/Location: Amman, Jordan
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Type: Temporary Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position
Overview: IBTCI is seeking an interim Chief of Party to support a monitoring and evaluation project in Yemen that includes third party monitoring (TPM), assessments and quantitative and qualitative research. The period of performance is sixty (60) days with the possibility of extension. The work will be done remotely given current travel restrictions.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall management, guidance and direction to the project team.
- Ensure completion of all deliverables required under the contract are submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all contractual requirements.
- Provide technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight for the project.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the client, implementing partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for overseeing sub-contractor’s work and performance as applicable.
- Travel is essential, and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Yemen is highly desirable.
- Previous experience managing sub-contractors is desirable.
- Previous experience implementing a USAID-funded program is desirable.
- Strict attention to detail.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience related to the contract subject matter.
- At least 5 years of experience managing teams.
- At least 2 years of experience working in conflict zones required.
- Previous experience managing third party monitoring projects, M&E support projects, or complex projects in a humanitarian, development, or transition context.
- Demonstrated experience managing expatriate and local staff in humanitarian, development or transition programs in conflict zones.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required. Proficiency in Arabic desirable.
Education: Master’s degree in international affairs, social science, or a related field, or a bachelor’s degree in international affairs, social science, or a related field plus an additional five years of work experience related to the contract subject matter.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.