Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The purpose of the USAID/Ghana Accelerating Social and Behavior Change (ASBC) activity is to increase and sustain the adoption of priority health behaviors and practices for improved health outcomes, emphasizing family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH); malaria prevention and treatment; maternal, newborn, and child health; household level water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) practices; maternal and child nutrition, and public health emergencies such as COVID-19.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for technical leadership, administrative oversight, and overall coordination of the project. The COP will serve as the principle institutional liaison with USAID and key stakeholders. They will manage staff and ensure that the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements, as well as ensure the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the Project. The COP should have demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines and budget.
Please Note: This position is not eligible for relocation or posting allowances and the salary will be paid in Ghanaian cedi.
The candidate for the position of Chief of Party shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
Master’s degree in Public Health or a related field.
Skills and Experience:
- Ten years of professional experience, with progressively increasing responsibilities and duties in fields related to the successful implementation and management of complex health and SBC projects, including communication approaches, advocacy and demonstrated skill in organizing resources and investments for improving SBC activities in developing countries is required;
- Proven experience in a leadership position involving the administration of similarly sized, international donor-supported programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting is required;
- Proven ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams;
- A proven track record of building teams and fostering collaboration especially with/among the private sector, Government, USAID projects, and key stakeholders in the SBC sector;
- Evidence of strong communication skills, both oral and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the agreement is desired;
- Experience working in Ghana or West Africa required;
- The candidate should demonstrate experience working with communities and government counterparts at various levels.
Fluency in English is required.
EDC is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.