PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has been working in support of the Zambia Ministry of Health since 2004. The Zambia Country Program portfolio includes projects across priority health programs such as malaria, nutrition and immunization as well as policy and advocacy with funding from USAID and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. With a staff compliment of over 100, the PATH Zambia office is fast growing and the second largest office in Africa.
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that will collaborate closely with Zambia’s MoH, the NTB, the private sector, and other partners to support the eradication of TB in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on six (Copperbelt, Central, Muchinga, Northern, North-Western and Luapula) of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year Eradicate TB contract aims to increase the number of individuals screened for TB by 50% and increase the TB treatment success rate to 85% in targeted provinces. The four key tasks of Eradicate TB are to:
- Pursue high-quality DOTS expansion and enhancement.
- Address TB/HIV, MDR-TB, and the needs of poor and vulnerable populations in six provinces.
- Engage all categories of care providers.
- Enable and promote research.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Chief of Party for the Eradicate TB project in Zambia. The Chief of Party, based in Lusaka, Zambia, will provide overall strategic leadership and oversight of the project.
- Provide overall programmatic and fiscal management of the project, including achieving project results, effectively communicating accomplishments, making financial reports, and ensuring compliance with all US government and PATH regulations.
- Provide hands-on management and mentorship to project staff; and frequent site visits to ensure real-time knowledge of project quality and progress towards targets.
- Enable project and partners to use data for technical and management decision making.
- Act as primary liaison with donor personnel and ensure that project operations and sub-awardee management and activities are fully in compliance with USAID regulations and integrated with host-country.
- Maintain a strong and wide network with key partners and stakeholders in Zambia, and ensure that the project is represented on appropriate steering and advisory groups.
- Direct planning, reporting, and budgeting in accordance with USAID requirements.
- Establish systems to ensure compliance with all donor-related, PATH, and program-specific policies.
- Provide strategic vision and depth of TB technical leadership in project design, coordination, and implementation.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in TB, with expertise in one or more of the core areas addressed by the project (case finding, HIV/TB co-infection, DR-TB, pediatric TB, TPT)
- Lead planning, coordination, and technical direction of project strategy and work plan, and implementation of all activities within the work plan to high professional standards.
- Develop and oversee the project framework against specified results, monitoring the project’s performance and ensure the quality and timely submission of project deliverables.
- Oversee and provide technical assistance to project staff and in-country partner organizations, ministries, and health service delivery points.
- Work with dedicated monitoring and evaluation (M&E) staff to develop M&E strategy, frameworks, and indicators, and monitor project performance towards expected results.