DAI seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated agriculture, resilience and livelihoods project in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The anticipated project is expected to support the development of supportive market systems, diversified livelihoods, and increased community resilience.
The COP will be responsible for overall project management, including field team mobilization and leadership; development and implementation of work plans, operational budgets and performance monitoring plans; coordination with the USAID mission, government officials, other donors and partner organizations, and ensuring achievement of project results and objectives. The COP will supervise key project staff and ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and DAI policies. The position will be field-based in Kinshasa or a regional capital such as, Bukavu, Goma or Lubumbashi with travel to key project sites throughout the country.
- A demonstrated track record of achieving results in a development context;
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in international development, with USAID experience strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated management and supervisory experience on complex, donor funded projects;
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering collaborative partnerships;
- Technical expertise in at least one of the following areas required: agriculture and value chain development, resilience, livelihoods, market systems, local capacity development, conservation, environmental policy, and natural resource management.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing monitoring, evaluation, and continuous learning on development projects;
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and verbal communication abilities in English and French;
- Experience working within Democratic Republic of Congo or various Congo Basin countries highly desired.