Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is seeking to hire a qualified Chief of Party to lead all technical and administrative aspects of an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded initiative for reducing and preventing land-based sources to ocean plastic pollution called Clean Cities, Blue Ocean (CCBO).
This position will be based in the Washington, D.C. area.
The purpose of the CCBO activity is to prevent ocean plastic pollution by building capacity and commitment for Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling (3Rs) and solid waste management (SWM) in urban and peri-urban settings, particularly in riverine and coastal areas. CCBO will work both with multiple USAID Missions on country-specific implementation of national and local activities, and with USAID/Washington on global-level activities, including private sector engagement and policy support in order to accomplish four integrated objectives (1) Promote 3Rs and strengthen local and regional markets for recycled plastic; (2) Build social behavior change for sustainable waste management and recycling; (3) Increase capacity and effective governance of SWM and recycling systems; and (4) Support for international fora, public-private partnerships, and multi-stakeholder alliances.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
* Minimum of 7 years in a director-level role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams, preferably as a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project.
* 10 + years of project experience working in one or more technical disciplines: marine waste management, recycling, municipal management, service delivery, hydrology/water resources, public policy and governance, conservation finance, sustainable livelihoods, or other relevant technical areas.
* Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and understanding and addressing the needs of the most vulnerable.
* Strong familiarity with building capacity and commitment for Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling (3Rs) and solid waste management (SWM) desired.
* Excellent communication skills in English. Foreign language ability a plus.
* Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is required.
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.