Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an anticipated Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded program based in Kazakhstan with a regional focus on Central Asia. The Central Asia Regional Water and Vulnerable Environment Activity seeks to strengthen regional cooperation on shared water resources and address current and emerging challenges to promote stability, economic prosperity, and healthy ecosystems in Central Asia.
This activity will focus on delivering objectives that address strengthening educational institutions within the integrated water resource management/water/energy/agriculture nexus in the region, enhancing national and regional initiatives that focus on transboundary water cooperation and allocation through a common economic cost/benefit lens, and addressing selected emerging, regional, and national environmental challenges present in some or all Central Asian countries.
Position Description/Summary: The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall project leadership, including contractual performance and risk management, work planning and reporting, financial management, administration, and personnel management. The COP will work closely with technical leads to achieve project results, build successful partnerships with project stakeholders, ensure effective coordination across workstreams and geographies, and maintain strong communication with USAID and other partners. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
* Advanced degree in water resource management or a related field;
* Minimum twelve (12) years’ experience in successful implementation of integrated water resource management (IWRM), transboundary water cooperation, or water and environment programs;
* Demonstrated understanding of the water sector and transboundary water challenges in Central Asia; Expertise in cross-sectoral programs addressing water, food, and energy linkages is preferred;
* Minimum five (5) years’ experience in senior program management positions for USAID- or other donor-funded development projects, including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
* Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain partnerships and strong working relationships with donors, host country government counterparts, academic institutions, and civil society;
* Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
* Professional fluency in written and spoken English is required. Proficiency in Russian is strongly preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.