DAI seeks Chief of Party (Project Director/Team Leader) candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Business Egypt project. This program will address high unemployment, particularly among youth and women, by assisting government and private sector to raise firm-level productivity for Egyptian MSMEs. The project will aim to (i) upgrade Egyptian business practices by improving and facilitating access to business and financial services, (ii) mobilize investment and improve business access to finance, and (iii) improve regulation and policy that affect firm-level productivity. Qualified candidates will have a mix of experience that illustrates technical expertise in economic growth, knowledge of the regional context, and experience managing large donor-funded programs particularly for USAID.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. Other responsibilities include:
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, the Egyptian Government and community stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation of activities.
- Provide technical and intellectual direction and leadership; direct critical technical activities/field support (enterprise growth and support, investment and access to finance, and the business enabling environment).
- Develop work plans for project activities; oversee development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluating Plan.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to USAID on all program areas.
- Present findings in both written and oral presentations as required.
- Coordinate program activities with other donors, national governments, international organizations and NGOs; represent the program activities with partner organizations.
- Oversee all financial and administrative matters; and
- Manage, lead, and oversee all staff in achieving project results; oversee the planning process and produce a strategic plan for project deliverables.
- Minimum Master’s degree required, Ph. D. preferred in economics, international trade, trade policy, investment or finance, business administration, international relations or related area or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- At least ten years of relevant experience, eight of which shall be in developing countries preferably in MENA Region, with experience in managing and implementing USAID enterprise development and economic growth projects.
- At least five years of managing and coordinating complex development programs in MENA Region.
- Prior experience as a Chief of Party or significant management responsibilities for a program of comparable complexity.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior-level host-country counterparts and experience in overseeing complex development programs and/or working with governing institutions.