EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
EDC is preparing a proposal for the upcoming, five-year, $18 million, Shobai Miley Shikhi (“Everyone Learns Together”) Activity. The Activity aims to improve early grade reading outcomes in Bangla for children with disabilities in Government Primary Schools in Bangladesh. To accomplish this objective, the activity will strengthen government service delivery of disability-inclusive education and create inclusive school environments and instruction for children with disabilities to improve student learning outcomes. Through this activity, children with disabilities will gain the foundational literacy skills necessary to advance through the government school system and be more equipped to obtain better economic opportunities upon completing their education
The Chief of Party (COP) will have primary responsibility for liaising with USAID and other beneficiaries including the central- and district-level units of the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education (MoPME), school officials within selected upazilas, local community groups, Disabled People’s Organizations, and other activity partners. She/he is responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the activity. She/he will manage staff and ensure the activity meets stated performance standards and results and reporting requirements. S/he will ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the activity. S/he will ensure the project complies with award terms and conditions, USAID policies and regulations, and systems are in place to mitigate risk of fraud, waste and abuse. S/he will take a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders.
The candidate for the position of Chief of Party shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
A Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in education, development studies, public administration or a related field from an accredited university.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible experience implementing internationally funded development programs focusing on education or other relevant technical area;
- At least five (5) years in a senior management or leadership position;
- Experience working in complex, crisis or fragile environments;
- Experience leading policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation efforts;
- Strong management skills, leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, cross-cultural skills, and written and oral presentation skills;
- Prior experience leading USAID-funded projects and strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex, politically charged environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity development and professional development is preferred.
- Experience within the South Asia region is required. Experience in Bangladesh highly preferred.
Fluency in English is required. Familiarity with Bangla is highly preferred.
Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please.
EDC is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.