PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. PATH in Kenya supports local governments, US government (USG) implementing partners, and local technical experts in the design and implementation of high quality, impactful programs.
Afya Ziwani is a USAID funded project covering Homa Bay, Kisumu, Migori, and Nyamira counties. The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the “95-95-95” targets.
We seek to recruit a Chief of Party who will have primary responsibility for liaising with USAID and other stakeholders in Kenya. S/he will oversee contract implementation, providing the technical vision and approach and managing the project’s technical and operation teams and consortium members. S/he will ensure that the project complies with the award terms and conditions, USAID policies and regulations, and systems are in place to mitigate risk of fraud, waste and abuse. for a United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded HIV/AIDS health. The Chief of Party will be responsible for technical oversight of the project’s facility and community level HIV-related service delivery. The COP will be based in Kisumu and oversee project activities across Kisumu, Homa Bay, Migori and Nyamira counties.
- Provide strategic leadership and technical vision to project staff and consortium members. Act as primary liaison with USAID and other stakeholders in Kenya.
- Provide administrative, programmatic, and managerial oversight to implementation of the contract; coordinate effective implementation of program activities, including development of work plans and facilitate their timely implementation; develop annual program implementation budgets and monitor budget expenditures; manage and supervise local staff including technical experts and program partners.
- Ensure compliance with project terms and conditions, USAID policies and regulations.
- Model and promote best practices among all staff and in particular with HIV Service Delivery Technical Advisor.
- Recruit and supervise staff to meet evolving program demands; provide technical assistance, mentoring and skills building to local staff and key local counterparts.
- Make programmatic decisions and trouble‐shoot implementation challenges; oversee program data quality compliance, including developing data tracking systems and monitoring records to ensure program meets USAID audit standards; approve local financial transactions and manage and authorize expenditures from local bank accounts; supervise and approve all aspects of project procurement and logistics, including office infrastructure and vehicles; sub contract development, including compliance with programmatic objectives and PATH/USAID financial and administrative regulations.
- Submit timely program reports to USAID and PATH Headquarters on a quarterly, semi‐annual and annual basis; disseminate program success stories and share information.
- Serve as a spokesperson and advocate, represent the project to USAID, donors, cooperating agencies, and others.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the PATH policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Management and Supervision:
- Provide technical support and oversight to all employees and consultants/contractors working on the above.
- Coordinate with other senior program managers on strategic project management.
- Identify learning needs and coordinate learning sessions for program staff.
- Conduct staff appraisals as appropriate.