Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID/Nepal Early Grade Learning Activity. This five-year activity will seek to build national, provincial, and municipal capacities for delivering early grade learning services as well as improve provision of professional development support for teachers. The activity will also seek to support local level governments in scaling up models that improve quality of education services in early grades. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the Activity and serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters, including responsibility for making key decisions and solving programmatic problems in a timely manner
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Ensure that work plan, MEL, and reporting efforts are aligned with contract requirements, project objectives, and USAID Guidance
- Professionally represent Chemonics to USAID, the Government of Nepal, Nepali counterparts, local partners, and other program stakeholders
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify programmatic assistance to achieve results; ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Ensure the activity meets high standards for performance and integrity that comply with applicable regulations and Chemonics policies
- Advanced degree in education policy, planning, curriculum development, teacher professional development or other relevant technical fields preferred
- Minimum of ten years of technical experience in some or all of the following technical areas: early grade reading, disability inclusion, curriculum and material design, and/or capacity development in the education sector at either the national or local levels
- Experience serving as USAID chief of party or other management experience for efforts of similar scope, size, and complexity required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
If you are interested in this opportunity, or know of someone who might be, please submit an EOI to NepalEGLCOP@chemonics.com by August 20, 2021.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer, and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. We are committed to creating a diverse environment, and therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, sex, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, age, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity. We look forward to receiving your application.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy.