- Work closely with USAID/Philippines to integrate CLA principles into the mission’s work.
- Strengthen the evidence base of the mission by implementing select monitoring, evaluation, research and other analytical tasks to inform key strategic decisions.
- On an as-needed basis, conduct monitoring services for activities operating in non-permissive environments (NPE) in the Philippines to help guide the management and adaptation of USAID’s programs in conflict-affected sites.
This contract has a three-year base period and two option years, and a budget ceiling of $13m. ED-CLA is estimated to start in September 2019.
SI is seeking a CLA Director who will concurrently serve as the Chief of Party (COP) and the overall director of collaborating, learning and adapting activities. S/he will assume overall responsibility for the contract performance and serve as the main point of contact between USAID and the Contractor.
The CLA Director/COP is a full-time role to take place in Manila.
- Provide overall project management and technical operations to ensure that project tasks are completed and the objectives of the CLA project are successfully met.
- Provide vision and overall leadership to the team.
- Manage SI’s technical assistance, training, and overall support.
- Prepare and submit reports requested by USAID.
- Serve as the main point of contact between USAID and the Contractor, frequently serving as a facilitator or co-facilitator of high-level discussions among USAID staff and partners regarding learning and adaptive management.
- Assure that all assistance provided under the contract, whether by international or local experts/personnel, is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed.
- Manage and supervise the work of all experts/personnel provided under the contract.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field, such as international development, international affairs, monitoring and evaluation, social sciences, economics, governance, health, environment, education, organizational management, or communications is required.
- At least seven years of project management experience, including but not limited to overseeing project deliverables, human resources, contract oversight, reporting and budgets.
- Demonstrated expertise in facilitation and training in both large, formal settings and strong interpersonal skills for coaching and mentoring in informal settings.
- Strong knowledge and experience in organizational change management.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and implementation of various learning and adaptive management approaches
- Experience overseeing or implementing effective communications of M&E findings and recommendations.
- Strong familiarity with USAID policies and procedures required.
- Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken English is required, as is a demonstrated ability to exercise overall quality control, meeting high technical and editorial standards in written products.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the Philippines.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.