Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the USAID/Bangladesh Multisector Integrated District Development Activity (MIDDA) proposal. The purpose of the activity is to strengthen resilience in host communities affected by the Rohingya refugee crisis through fostering economic and social prosperity. The activity is anticipated to focus on building the capacity of people, communities and local institutions in the host communities in the areas of skill building, livelihood diversification, water and sanitation, and natural resources management. The project will be based in Bangladesh. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, program direction, and technical expertise
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Professionally represent Chemonics to USAID, host-country governments, host-country counterparts, and other program stakeholders
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on daily implementation and contract management
- Ensure that the work plan, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting efforts are aligned with contract requirements, program objectives, and USAID guidance; ensure the quality of deliverables and reports
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify program assistance to achieve results; ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Lead a diverse team of experts to achieve program targets, produce deliverables, and nurture partnerships with key stakeholders, government counterparts, and other donors
- An advanced degree in resilience, livelihood programming, food security, community engagement, international development, business administration, or a relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience managing international donor-supported programs
- Minimum of five years of experience with large-scale adaptation and community resilience projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple subcontractors or grantees, build their capacity and advance locally led development, collaborate across projects and communicate and collaborate productively with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions).
- Proven leadership ability, strategic vision, and experience managing large teams in culturally diverse settings
- Familiarity with Bangladesh preferred
- Understanding of international development policies and USAID contract management experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly submit your application to BangladeshMIDDARecruit@chemonics.com. The deadline to submit applications September 27, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.