Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Serbia Public Procurement (SPP) Activity. The overall goal of SPP is to strengthen the institutional capacities for a fair, open, non-discriminatory, and transparent process of public procurement, and oversight of the procurement process. SPP will have the following objectives:
- Public Procurement Planning
- Public Procurement Tendering and Implementation in line with International Standards
- Legal Enforcement
- Oversight Institutions
The chief of party will lead the program’s technical direction and oversee program staff. The successful candidate should have experience in public procurement, civil society, and local governance.
This position will be based in Belgrade, Serbia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall direction, leadership, and management of the project to ensure seamless program implementation
- Provide overall technical leadership to improve public procurement practices, participation in local governance, strengthening public accountability, and improving community civic engagement, ensuring all project technical assistance is high-quality, technically sound, and appropriate
- Oversee work planning, performance management, strategic communications, and contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Represent the program to and collaborate with USAID, government counterparts, civil society, NGOs, media, private sector, the general public, and other donor programs
- Establish an inclusive office environment that encourages integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Supervise technical and administrative project staff, consultants, and partner organizations to achieve expected results
- Ensure compliance with USAID, U.S. government, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Advanced degree in public administration, international relations, development, law or related fields required
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience leading and managing complex development programs, preferably for USAID- or other donor-funded projects
- Strong understanding of the current context of the EU accession process preferred
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative, productive working relationships with local government counterparts, civil society organizations, media, academia, private sector associations, and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to SerbiaPublicProcurementt@chemonics.com by September 24, 2021 . No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.