Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated 5-year, $65-75 million Feed the Future Ethiopia Food and Agricultural System Transformation (FAST) activity. The purpose of future USAID/Ethiopia agriculture programming will be to increase the availability of safe, diverse, nutritious foods, increase incomes in the food and agriculture sectors, and increase the convenience and desirability of safe, diverse, nutritious foods. Achieving these results will require a set of interventions that increase demand-driven production, increase food safety and quality, increase entrepreneurship and employment in the food and agriculture system, and increase public-private partnerships to advance key social priorities.
The chief of party will supervise all activities related to this program and have overall responsibility for the successful performance of the technical assistance team. The COP shall provide strategic leadership and bear primary responsibility for all administrative requirements of the contract, ensuring that the quarterly key performance indicators, objectives, and deliverables for the FAST program are met. He or she will be responsible for ensuring the program follows USAID regulations, the contract, and Chemonics policies. The COP will be the official representative of the contractor and be primarily responsible for liaising with high-level USAID and government officials, and forging alliances with a myriad of businesses, organizations and stakeholders and managing multiple offices across the ZOI. We anticipate that the position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The project is expected to be 5 years.
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and management oversight for all program activities and results
- Develop and communicate (verbally and in writing) the objective and strategic vision for the program to staff, USAID, and all counterparts and stakeholders
- Ensure that work plans are developed and implemented, providing technical direction to staff, downstream partners and grantees
- Maintain open, two-way communication with USAID, the field staff, and Chemonics home office.
- Oversee and contract performance in compliance with contract provisions and manage contract finances (budget and fund allocations)
- Supervise personnel management of key operational and technical departments of the program, including across multiple offices
- An advanced degree in agriculture, business, or nutrition is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing agriculture projects with technical expertise in one or more subsectors of project focus
- Demonstrable experience of program management and leading and professionally developing diverse teams
- Financial management skills, including budgeting and budget management
- Previous experience working in Africa, with particular knowledge and experience working in Ethiopia preferred
- Experience managing complex contracts and agreements, USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements is required. Prior COP experience of a large, complex project is preferred.
- Application Instructions:
Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by August 30th, 2021. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.