This position may be based in any location with a PATH office
PATH is recruiting a Senior leader to head the Asia, Middle East, and European region. We are seeking a strategic, thoughtful, and inspiring leader to be a member of the Executive Team, working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and business leaders to drive PATH’s commitment to accelerating health equity. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of vision, expertise, leadership, and teambuilding.
PATH is a global non-profit organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. PATH has projects in over 70 countries, offices in over 20 countries, and approximately 1,400 full-time employees worldwide.
The Chief of AMEE has the overall authority and accountability for the performance of the AMEE region and provides strategic leadership, advice, and managerial oversight to Country and Program Leaders. The AMEE region consists of Regional Hubs in India, Vietnam, and Ukraine along with offices in China and Myanmar as well as projects in South and Central Asia. The Chief of AMEE is responsible for developing and executing on strategies to expand and grow the portfolio into new regions such as the Middle East and new countries in Asia.
The Chief of AMEE is responsible for strategic planning and priority setting for the AMEE region. This includes:
- Leading annual business planning exercises to ensure that country strategies and work plans are aligned with PATH’s overall vision, mission, and strategy.
- Establishing strategic priorities for focused development of Programs in the region, working closely with key stakeholders from across the organization.
- Ensuring Regional Hubs and Country Offices are prepared to respond, adapt, and pivot to new areas of opportunities based on evolving needs in the region, as well as being able to respond to rapidly changing events impacting health equity.
The Chief of AMEE is responsible for business development for the AMEE regional portfolio. This includes:
- Coaching and developing senior leaders in the region to identify and develop opportunities to expand the regional portfolio.
- Overseeing the execution of the strategic plan through the implementation of business development strategies and plans for the AMEE region and its Hubs, Country Offices, and Project Offices.
- Building PATH’s brand by showcasing capabilities and enhancing the broader markets’ knowledge and understanding of PATH’s accomplishments and capabilities.
The Chief of AMEE is responsible for the delivery of the AMEE region’s project portfolio, ultimately ensuring partner satisfaction and financial sustainability. This includes:
- Overseeing budget allocation, including systematic analysis of return on investment to ensure evidenced-based investments.
- Overseeing and enabling efficient and effective delivery of services and support to programs and partners in line with PATH’s overall strategy.
- Leading by example, reinforcing appropriate behavior and motivating the immediate team as well as senior leaders in the region.
The Chief of AMEE is part of the Leadership Team responsible for PATH’s overall organizational development, including:
- Improving on operational effectiveness across regional and country offices and to executing on global operating model optimization.
- Overseeing the development of management policies, ensuring that solutions for new and improved policies, instructions, guidance, and tools are channeled to relevant programs.
- Encouraging innovation and creativity in the delivery of the regional portfolio.