The CEO is the Managing Director ofFINCA/Uganda and directly responsible for the day-to-day management of the subsidiary. This includes direct responsibility for the management of the economic and human resources of the subsidiary, its operational and financial performance, as well as the development of its institutional capacity. In all activities, the CEO will be guided by the principle of good stewardship for FINCA and its mission, responsibility and accountability to FINCA and its authorized agents and bodies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
In order to fulfill their tasks, the CEO will provide best-practice leadership vis-à-vis the employees of the subsidiary; will manage and will adequately and efficiently employ human and other resources in the subsidiary, as well as make adequate and efficient use of resources available within FINCA (FINCA International Headquarters, Regional office, other FINCA subsidiaries) and externally (outside FINCA). The CEO will:
- Ensure high quality financial services to the clientele, and maximize outreach to the target group in a sustainable way.
- Implement best-practice corporate governance, management, organizational structure and procedures, staff development, financial management, and risk management principles.
- Ensure compliance with the Charter/bylaws of the subsidiary; FINCA and subsidiary policies, procedures, plans and agreements; decisions of subsidiary governing bodies as well as headquarter and regional office; maintain good coordination with regional office, headquarters, and governing bodies.
- Mobilize funding resources in form of debt and/or grant capital.
- Promote FINCA International in the country.
- Contribute to the development of the FINCA network.
Manages five or more subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 300-400 employees in the Operations, Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources and Audit. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises one non-supervisory employee. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure high quality financial services are delivered to our clients.
- Maximize outreach to the target group in a sustainable way
- Ensure the long-term financial viability of the subsidiary in accordance with established targets and plans
- Implement best-practice corporate governance, management, organizational structure and procedures, staff development, financial management and risk management principles.
- VP Regional Director, COO, FINCA International Management Team, Central Bank Leadership, investors and donors.