Established in 1995, the Consortium for Elections and Political Process Strengthening
(CEPPS) pools the expertise of the International Foundation for Electoral Systems, the
International Republican Institute and the National Democratic Institute, as well as
seven associate partners, and more than 20 resource partner organizations. Together,
CEPPS is dedicated to advancing and supporting democratic practices and institutions
around the globe.
Based in Washington, DC, the CEPPS Communications Specialist will support the
CEPPS Technical Director by establishing and executing CEPPS’ communications
strategy, creating and/or updating the consortium’s communication assets to better tell
the CEPPS to a range of audiences. This position will work with program and
communications teams across the consortium to coordinate and develop messaging.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
● Develop and implement comprehensive communications strategy in coordination
with CEPPS management and partner staff.
● Lead writer of major editorial products, such as media statements, speeches,
talking points, and op-eds.
● Contribute to the development of alternative storytelling formats for CEPP’s work.
● Ensure development, alignment and compliance with CEPPS’ Branding
Guidelines relating to brand creative point-of-view.
● Collaborate with and manage external vendors to update communications
materials so that they are visually appealing.
● Manage and update CEPPS’ social media accounts and its newsletter.
● If needed, act as a media spokesperson on behalf of the organization.
● Manage and implement all aspects of CEPPS event planning and ensure
branding and marketing are compliant with funder requirements.
● Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned, including copy editing,
● Undergraduate degree required.
● Minimum of 14 years’ relevant experience in communications in the political,
government, nonprofit or international development fields.
● Proven interest in democracy, human rights, national security, and governance
● Experience writing and editing for the web, as well as traditional offline assets
such as promotional brochures and reports.
● Excellent project management skills, highly organized and detail-oriented.