QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
SIMPLE (Services to Improve Performance Management, Enhance Learning and Evaluation) is an activity contracted by the USAID/Egypt Mission and implemented by the QED Group which fields a technical support team to execute a host of services to improve the efficiency of programs implemented by the Mission’s technical offices. These services include activity/project designs, assessments, evaluations, management information and reporting.
The purpose of this consultancy is to assist with research and analyses, technical assistance and facilitation for USAID/Egypt to operationalize the Country Cooperation Development Strategy (CDCS) Learning Agenda and PMP through conducting a series of tasks that will support assessments, quick response research and analysis assignments, and learning events.
The Researcher’s responsibilities will be as follows:
Conduct research and analysis tasks as assigned by the Sr. Performance Management and Learning Advisor or his/her designee throughout this consultancy.
Locate, review, summarize, analyze, and catalogue reports, data, articles, and web-based information on specified topics as assigned:
- Produce the corresponding reports based on research.
- Perform desk reviews, discussion summaries, literature scans, and other knowledge products to communicate information to varied audiences.
- Produce presentations and visually appetizing communication products
Support Learning Events:
- Provide brief summaries of main conclusions from Implementing Partners (IP), USAID teams and staff discussions and polls on development issues.
- Help facilitate and/or note-take for learning events
- 5-10 years of experience with USAID programming specifically MEL, program design, strategic planning, and CLA approaches
- Excellent research, writing, formatting, and presentation skills
- Experience with remote and/or in-person planning and facilitation of learning events, workshops, and meetings.
- Prior experience on a USAID Mission MEL platform
- Prior experience working on learning agendas at the mission/CDCS level
- Advanced familiarity with Zoom, MS Teams, and Google Meets
- Native level written and spoken English
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.