The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
This position is responsible for assisting people with CF, their caregivers, and providers (customers) who contact Compass by assessing their needs, identifying barriers, and helping them navigate complex insurance, financial, legal, and other issues related to life with CF.
The Case Manager will provide high-quality customer service to callers in accordance with the standards set by Compass.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers incoming calls, emails, and other forms for communication with Compass.
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication skills in all forms of communication.
- Collects pertinent information to identify and assess the needs of the customers.
- Applies knowledge of healthcare programs to help customers assess insurance options and navigate complex coverage and reimbursement issues.
- Conducts research to locate and vet local, state, and national programs and ensures referrals are made to the appropriate resource(s) to address the needs.
- Triages callers to relevant and appropriate resources to help with their specific needs.
- Collaborates with internal and external customers to properly triage cases to the appropriate groups as needed.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, enters, and maintains correct documentation of case details in database software.
- Exhibits and maintains confidentiality pertaining to patient health information.
- Demonstrates strong organization, time management, problem-solving and critical thinking skills, and ability to multitask — working on primary responsibilities while participating in ongoing and ad hoc projects.
- Follows department standard operating procedures and internal policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years’ experience in a healthcare or patient support services environment preferred.
- Experience in customer service in a healthcare or related field preferred.
- Experience working in a customer relationship management system or database strongly preferred.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products strongly preferred.
- Problem-solving skills to identify barriers, assess problems, and find effective solutions required.
- Basic understanding of health insurance terminology required.
- Knowledge of financial assistance programs such as pharmaceutical copay assistance programs, non-profit assistance programs, and local or state resource programs preferred.
- Experience conducting benefit investigations, prior authorizations, and appeals a plus.
- Report to the Compass Operations Manager.
- No direct reports.
- Work independently from home
- No heavy lifting required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org .