The Capacity Development Specialist will plan, prepare, deliver and oversee on-the-job training for staff from a range of institutions, including USAID, non-governmental organizations and development project implementers. An understanding of organizational development will be valuable. An emphasis will be placed on consultative development of learning activities and participatory approaches to all capacity building.
- Responsible for organizing capacity-building opportunities for Mission staff in the areas of collaborating, learning, adapting (CLA) and monitoring.
- Using tools such as the CLA maturity matrix, with additional measurements on practices and skills, the Capacity Development Specialist must create a baseline of skills the Mission has, based on analysis within the first six months of the contract.
- Plan capacity building. Measure skills, abilities and practices annually to track change.
- Hold regular discussions with senior project staff on training, capacity development needs, and formulate strategies to successfully address them.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (preferred) in international development, economics, community development, public or business administration, organizational development or a related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in capacity development of organizations, using structured and tested results-driven approaches.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with monitoring, evaluation and learning required.
- Demonstrated in curriculum development including teaching materials, developing creative and pragmatic approaches to capacity support and institutional strengthening of local government partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and/or external parties including USAID and implementing partners desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Ukrainian is required. English is an advantage.