Capacity Development Director, Evaluate for Improved Impact, Zambia
MSI anticipates an upcoming proposal for a five-year evaluation and research support services contract to support USAID/Zambia’s Health Office. The objectives are: 1) to conduct evaluations, operations research and assessments across the health portfolio (Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Health Systems Strengthening, Maternal Health, and Family Planning); and 2) build the monitoring, evaluation and research capacity of the USAID Mission, its grantees and local Zambian institutions.
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Capacity Development Director will be a member of the senior management team. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of all work associated with training and organizational development, working closely with project staff including the Evaluation Director and the Senior Monitoring and Reporting Specialist. This will include working with USAID staff, international and local partners, and the Government of Zambia. The position is based in Lusaka, with travel throughout Zambia as necessary. The Capacity Development Director will report to the Chief of Party.
- Lead the design, facilitation and management of all trainings, workshops, and the long-term organizational development for the USAID/Zambia Health Team, their grantees, government and local institutions.
- Conduct training needs assessments.
- Manage all staff and consultants supporting capacity development efforts, ensuring quality control, timely deliverables and client satisfaction.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of all training-related and organizational development-related activities.
- Monitor the outcomes of training and capacity development efforts delivered by the project.
- Facilitate organizational learning into project and counterpart processes.
- Work with MSI team to determine performance improvement objectives for each entity and mentor these organizations as they move toward their performance improvement goals.
- Monitor capacity development programs and budget.
- Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in social sciences, organizational development, business, or related field.
- At least 10-15 years of progressive experience in organizational performance improvement efforts (assessment, analysis, training, coaching, and consulting) with government agencies entities and local NGOs.
- At least five years of experience managing teams.
- Familiarity with USAID performance management systems and tools, preferably in the health sector.
- Excellent facilitation, interpersonal and team management skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.