Location: Ha Noi
Contract Type: Full-time
About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm that provides monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. SI works across all development sectors, including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, SI has worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
About PEAPROS Consulting
PEAPROS, a Ha Noi-based Consulting Joint-stock Company established in 2009, is specialized in providing highly customized and relevant consultancy services to a wide range of clients, including government and private organizations and corporates, development projects and programs, international development, and United Nation’s agencies, as well as international and national non-government organizations. For the last 12 years, PEAPROS team has carried out over 100 assignments with more than 50 international and national organizations, and public and private enterprises in Vietnam and Asia. PEAPROS, SI’s local partner, is currently fielding expertise in capacity development, focused on results-based, community-driven, and participatory approaches.
SI is implementing the USAID Learns Contract. The scope of this five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
Social Impact (SI) and its partner, PEAPROS, are seeking a full-time Capacity Building Specialist who will be responsible for supporting training activities to USAID Implementing Partners (IPs), USAID staff and select government partners on a wide variety of Monitoring, Evaluation, Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation skills to strengthen the overall effectiveness of USAID-funded activities in Vietnam. The Capacity Building Specialist position will be full-time, based in Hanoi, for the duration of the project and will be supervised by the Learns Capacity Building Director (CB Director).
- Support the CB Director design and effectively deliver ongoing and ad-hoc skills & knowledge-building training events designed to develop the capacity of USAID and IP staff in a wide variety of technical areas, including:
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (including DIS, DQA, AMELP, USAID ABCs…)
- Collaboration & Learning (including co-creation, learning symposiums…)
- Adaptive programming (including behavioral change communications, Theory of Change…)
- Change management and reflecting skills (including Pause & Reflect…)
- Actively support or lead the development of training materials, including training needs assessment, pre- and post-tests, training plan, presentations, manuals, guidelines, and other documents;
- Support the CB Director in developing, updating, and adapting new capacity-building, skills transfer, collaboration tools, techniques and approaches, and their application/adaptation;
- Support the organization and/or the facilitation of a wide variety of events for different groups of audiences;
- Collect and analyze data on their perceived effectiveness of Learns events or technical support to help the Learns team continuously adapt and improve the effectiveness and sustainability of its efforts;
- Collect, analyze, visualize, and report all data relevant to all training and event-related activities to meet accountability and USAID reporting requirements;
- Support internal capacity building activities for Learns staff and consultants;
- Support Learns’ communication and learning activities;
- Support Learns Knowledge Management practices and approaches within Learns and for USAID/Vietnam as a whole;
- Other tasks as assigned by the CB Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred in organizational development, training and education (pedagogy), social sciences, human resources development and management, or other related disciplines.
Experience – Required
- Design and delivery of trainings (course, workshop, virtual, etc.), including planning, implementation, and assessment;
- Adults and/or learner-centered training;
Experience – Ideal but not required
- Project management, coordination, implementation, or monitoring and evaluation;
- Data collection, analysis, and visualization;
- Facilitation of participatory workshops, focus group discussions (FGDs), or other interactive events.
- Ability to develop training materials, manuals, and guidelines;
- Ability to adapt new methods and new tools;
- Ability to develop and use pre-and post-tests, familiarity with online survey tool is a plus (i.e. SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, Microsoft Forms);
- Good IT and office application skills, especially in using tools for developing presentations (i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese;
- Knowledge and experience related to USAID funded projects is an advantage.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play an expert role in the growth of our companies, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
The closing date for application: September 30, 2021. Selection and interview will be performed constantly, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
To learn more about PEAPROS, please visit our website: http://www.peapros.com
SI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.