SI is seeking a full-time Capacity Building Lead to oversee capacity building and training activities to implementing partners and USAID/SRO Mission staff under this project. The position will be full-time over the five-year duration of the project and will be based in Dakar.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Senegalese citizenship will be considered.**
- Support the development and implementation of the activities related to training and capacity building in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL).
- Establish and implement a capacity building platform to build the capacity of USAID/SRO staff and select stakeholders to perform high-quality performance monitoring and verification.
- Provide training to build the capacity of local implementing partners and government officials to improve the effectiveness of performance management, projects, and MEL plans using best practices.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices, including techniques for gathering, organizing, disseminating, and applying knowledge throughout the program cycle.
- Develop a comprehensive plan that outlines key learning and knowledge management questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, and coordinate efforts among partners.
- Assist and play a role in the production of reports, such as quarterly and annual reports, training manuals and reports arising out of its activities as required by USAID.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, communications, or relevant area.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in MEL, with significant experience leading MEL capacity building and training at the organization and individual level.
- Demonstrated skills in capacity building and MEL methodologies and approaches, especially under USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with IP counterparts and government officials.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Prior experience building capacity of USAID Mission staff in MEL preferred.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls