Location: Ha Noi
Contract Type: Full-time
About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm that provides monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. SI works across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, SI has worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
About PEAPROS Consulting
PEAPROS, a Ha Noi-based Consulting Joint-stock Company established in 2009, is specialized in providing highly customized and relevant consultancy services to a wide range of clients including government and private organizations and corporates, development projects and programs, international development, and United Nation’s agencies, as well as international and national non-government organizations. For the last 12 years, PEAPROS team has carried out over 100 assignments with more than 50 international and national organizations, and public and private enterprises in Vietnam and Asia. PEAPROS, SI’s local partner, is currently fielding with expertise in capacity development, focused on results-based, community-driven, and participatory approaches.
SI is implementing the USAID Learns Contract. The scope of this five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
SI is seeking a full-time Capacity Building Director who will be responsible for leading all Monitoring, Evaluation, Collaborating-Learning-Adapting (CLA) capacity building activities, including building Mission and implementing partner (IP)’s capacity in M&E, learning, adaptive management, and knowledge management across USAID’s programming. The Capacity Building Director position will be full-time, based in Hanoi, for the duration of the project.
- Design, support the design or adapt the design of skills and knowledge building workshops for USAID implementing partners, government partners, and/or USAID staff, in a wide variety of technical areas including:
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (including DIS, DQA, AMELP, USAID ABCs…)
- Collaboration & Learning (including co-creation, learning symposiums…)
- Adaptive programming (including behavioral change communications, Theory of Change…)
- Change management and reflecting skills (including Pause & Reflect…)
- In charge of organizing, leading, facilitating, or co-facilitating all Learns capacity-building workshops including for all Learns staff;
- With the support of the Capacity Building Specialist and Capacity Building Coordinator ensure that all Learns events are professionally organized, supported and adequate MEL tools (e.g., feedback on the usefulness of events, increased knowledge, recommendations, etc.) are used, collected, analyzed, and reported on in a timely and comprehensive way while focusing on the quality of delivery and effectiveness;
- Work closely with the Learns Monitoring Director and Senior Organizational Development Specialist to support – on a need basis – the design and facilitation of a variety of internal and external events, including internal Pause & Reflect and coordination meetings;
- Actively support Learns Knowledge Management practices and approaches within Learns and for USAID/Vietnam as a whole;
- Actively support / Lead the use of visual communications to support more user-friendly communications, learning, and adaptive management.
- Keep continuously abreast of new knowledge management, training approaches, capacity-building, adaptive management techniques, and platforms.
- Master’s degree or higher is preferred in organizational development, social sciences, human resources, business management, international development, or other related disciplines required;
- At least 8 years of experience in adult learning required;
- Demonstrated facilitation/training skills, as well as event design, methodologies, and approaches;
- Good knowledge and experience in instructional design and training curriculum development, familiarity with the ADDIE model is an advantage;
- Experience with experience-based learning and associated pedagogy strongly desired;
- Highly adaptive, collaborative, solutions-focused team player;
- Knowledge of capacity-building performance metrics and indicators desired;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate with a wide variety of actors and projects;
- Familiarity with developing and/or using pre-and post-tests desirable;
- Knowledge and competence in USAID M&E, capacity building and CLA policies and practices desired; Familiarity with USAID capacity assessment tools desirable;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese required
- Experience working in Vietnam is highly required
The closing date for application: July 31, 2021. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
To learn more about PEAPROS, please visit our website: http://www.peapros.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.