Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for the position of Capacity Building and Small Grants Lead on a USAID-funded program in Republic of Congo.
The purpose of the Conservation through Economic Empowerment Activity is to stimulate the growth of sectors complementary to conservation objectives in the Republic of Congo and bring direct benefits to both conservation and communities adjacent to protected areas. In addition, this contract will focus on collaboration between a broad range of partners to increase access to markets and initiate agriculture and forest-based economic activities and opportunities that are consistent with sustainable stewardship of the forest and its resources.
* The Capacity Building/Small Grants Lead will develop a small grants manual and other protocols to support the selection and support of diverse organizations to receive funding and support from the CEERC project;
*Work with technical leads to strategize the use of grants-under- contracts to achieve USAID and project objectives;
* Supervising a small staff and STTA experts;
* Assess, plan and execute training programs for grantees and CARPE staff;
* Design and implement capacity building programs for local organizations, NGOs, CSOs, etc.
* At least five years’ experience in a similar role managing grants and capacity building programs in challenging conditions, preferably on donor funded projects;
* Master’s Degree or higher in a field related to capacity development, education or training, required;
* Ability to assess and mentor organizations and networks toward sustainability required;
* Experience in developing networks and alliances across different types of organizations
(private sector, faith-based, technical) required;
* Experience in the fields of biodiversity and climate change is preferred;
* Written and Spoken proficiency in French and English preferred.
* Congo (Brazzaville) nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.