- Coffey is recruiting short and long-term Sub-National Governance specialists for future programmes in Kenya
- Short and long-term assignments
- Nairobi and various Counties, Kenya
Coffey is preparing for future Kenya governance programmes at County level.
The positions will vary. These are likely to include short and long-term roles in Nairobi and at County level, including embedded roles at County government level.
- Tax reform experts: experience with sub-national financial reform, revenue generation and tax reform
- Planning and budgeting experts: experience with resilience planning and budgeting at sub-national level
- Information systems experts: experience in developing and coordinating data systems at sub-national level
- Gender and social inclusion experts: experience mainstreaming gender, social inclusion and disability into development programmes and the public sector.
- An advanced university degree (or equivalent) in finance, economics, public administration, public policy, monitoring and evaluation, statistics or other relevant.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in the fields of planning, budgeting, tax reform, institutional reform, devolution and decentralisation, local governance, civil society dialogue, climate change, disaster risk reduction, resilience, sustainable energy, information systems or other relevant fields.
- Experience of supporting reform at sub-national level in Africa, preferably in Kenya
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Kiswahili
- Experience of working in Kenya at county level
Working knowledge of DFID’s approaches to flexible and adaptive programming, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning; climate-resilient and inclusive interventions.
Applications close: 18 August 2019
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.