Candidates that have tax and/or DRM expertise, previous experience working on international donor-funded projects, and at least 10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Tax policy formulation and quantitative tax policy analysis with demonstrated experience in engaging stakeholders (government, non-government and academia) to build capacity. Regional experience welcomed.
- Tax compliance and administration with demonstrated experience working with tax administration authorities to improve internal organization processes as well as core functions such as registration, compliance, collection, audit, taxpayers’ services, etc. Regional experience welcomed.
- Strengthening tax culture and tax education in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and governments.
- Advocacy with prior experience developing and implementing policy and advocacy strategies at all levels of government and with the private sector, addressing tax and/or domestic resource mobilization.
- Grants management with prior experience in management of donor-funded small grants programs to local CSOs. USAID experience preferred.
- Finance and administration management with demonstrated progressive experience managing teams, budgets, and operations. Prior experience in management of USAID Cost Plus Fixed Fee contracts experience highly preferred.
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning with prior experience with USAID M&E methodology for governance programs preferred. Previous experience working on PFM project implementation ideal.
Minimum qualifications include:
- At least 10 years of technical experience working in international development programs in one or more areas listed above. USAID experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with government counterparts in Zambia. Regional experience welcomed.
- Higher degree in related field (Bachelor’s or equivalent required, Master’s highly preferred).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional fluency in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.