The COP will be responsible for overall project management, including field team mobilization and leadership; development and implementation of work plans, operational budgets and performance monitoring plans; coordination with the USAID mission, government officials, other donors and partner organizations, and ensuring achievement of project results and objectives. The COP will supervise key project staff and ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and DAI policies. The position will travel to key project sites throughout the country.
- A demonstrated track record of achieving results in a development context on projects of similar size, scale, and technical area;
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in international development, with USAID experience strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated management and supervisory experience on complex, donor funded projects;
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering collaborative partnerships;
- Experience in managing Early Grade Reading (EGR) or Basic Education programs for USAID, DFID, or comparable donor
- PhD in education-related field
- Demonstrated experience overseeing monitoring, evaluation, and continuous learning on development projects;
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and verbal communication abilities in English and French, required.
- Previous experience working within Africa required, DRC highly preferred.