The “Low Carbon and Circular Economy Business Action in the Americas” project with a focus on Mexico is an EU initiative that aims to bring EU and Mexican businesses together to jointly tackle the challenges of climate change. The project is implemented by consortium partners PwC Mexico, GreenMomentum and GFA Consulting Group.
The project matches European SMEs with local businesses in Mexico that operate in one or more of the following nine sectors:
3.Waste to energy
7.ICT for sustainability
8.Green agriculture & forestry
9.Low carbon services
Once preliminary cooperation agreements have been reached, the project now strives to assist these companies in advancing their collaboration and finalizing legally binding contracts. To this end, GFA is looking for experts that can support the finalization process with consultancy and expertise in ten technical areas:
1.Commercial strategy & negotiation
2.Commercial due diligence
3.Doing business in Mexico
4.Advise on operations and logistics
5.Trade & project finance
6.Product & technology feasibility analysis for Mexico
9.Commercial quality assurance
10.Impact assessment and definition of metrics for carbon reduction
Please see https://low-carbon-business-action-mexico.converve.io for more information on the project.
We are looking for sector experts to assist Mexican and EU business partners in establishing legally binding contracts for future cooperation in the above-mentioned sectors. For each partnership, companies will be allocated experts able to provide assistance in setting up their cooperation agreements. Therefore, the experts will advise companies in ten technical areas.
The experts should have professional experience in at least one of the above-mentioned sectors, and in at least one of the ten technical areas relevant to the project. Selected experts will be registered in an expert database and, when suitable, allocated by GFA to provide assistance packages to beneficiary companies. Allocation of experts will take into account their previous experience and will be base on the needs analysis of each potential partnership.
Experts will develop a Technical Assistance Plan together with the companies at the start of each assistance and tasks must be implemented in up to seven days of services in a time-frame of four months, whereof the majority of time is spent directly in contact with the companies to offer tailor-made solutions to their individual challenges.
Qualification and Skills
- A university degree or equivalent in one of the above sectors or technical areas, or in other relevant fields, such as business, management, finance, trade, law, environmental studies, natural resource management, sustainability, or similar;
- Fluency in speaking, writing, and reading English and Spanish is essential, knowledge of other EU languages are a plus;
- Demonstrated writing and analytical skills;
- Strong moderation skills and intercultural competencies;
- Fully computer literate.
- At least four years of professional experience (consulting, industry, science) in one of the ten technical areas, preferably related to the low carbon and green economy sector, or more specifically any of the nine sectors mentioned above;
- At least two years of professional work experience in the Mexican market, preferably in the low carbon and green economy sector;
- Experience with the facilitation of participatory and consultative processes with businesses, including dialogues, technical workshops, and advisory services;
- Experience with advising EU businesses on market entry requirements and related topics is an asset.
If you are interested in working with us on this project and your profile fits the broad description indicated above, we are looking forward to receiving your CV and discussing with you the upcoming possibilities for your specific expertise. Please use the CV template provided.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted by us.
Dagmar Roehr firstname.lastname@example.org