Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In May 2017, USAID awarded SI the Haiti Evaluation Survey Services (ESS) contract to conduct baseline, mid-term and final evaluations for a wide range of projects currently being implemented throughout the country, with more emphasis around USAID’s development corridors of Port-au-Prince, Saint Marc, and Cap-Haitian. The contract also includes sector assessments to inform the Mission in designing its new Strategic Framework (2018-2020). Haiti ESS is seeking expat and Haitian team leaders with strong evaluation experience and assistant team leader/sector experts to establish a roster to help conduct these assignments.
Scope of Work:
This call for resumes is targeting experienced team leads (evaluators with some sector expertise) and assistant team leads (sector experts with some evaluation experience) with skills and training in quantitative and/or qualitative methodologies across various disciplines including education, agriculture, governance and rule of law, economic growth, value chain analysis, market analysis, infrastructure and environmental analysis. Consultants are expected to work closely with other team members, the Haiti ESS staff and SI headquarters project management teams to ensure high quality and timely deliverables.
- Manage/assist and lead the evaluation team in a respectful and transparent manner, ensuring achievement of deliverables.
- Lead/coordinate the evaluation implementation, and assign/assist evaluation responsibilities and tasks among team members.
- Provide oversight and participate in the data collection and analysis, ensuring data quality.
- Lead/contribute to writing reports associated with the project including, but not limited to the evaluation/assessment design (including tools), inception (background document review), draft and final reports in conformity with SI and USAID regulations and processes.
- Manage all deadlines and record maintenance—including, but not limited to, producing notes for all qualitative data collection events for delivery to USAID.
- Assist Haiti ESS in maintaining good working relationships with USAID, Government of Haiti counterparts, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Collaborate with the SI headquarters and Haiti ESS staff in the field office with strategic and operational planning, to implement the approved work plan.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in economics, agriculture-economics, sociology, strategic planning or other related disciplines.
- Documented track record of at least 5 -10 years’ experience in leading and/or supporting evaluations and/or assessments.
- Expertise in quantitative and/or qualitative methodologies (surveys, interviews, focus group discussions, etc.) to collect the required data in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand and know how to foster relationships with diverse local counterparts including government representatives, small businesses, civil society organizations, donors, and donor-funded implementers.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills with fluent spoken, written, and reading abilities in English and French.
- Sound knowledge of Haitian social, economic and political dynamics, preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Haiti to attend to contract implementation tasks.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about SI, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.