PATH’s Advocacy and Public Policy (APP) department works to improve the health of women and children by strengthening policies and financing affecting their well-being, including support for research and development. The department works with policymakers, coalitions, and other influential stakeholders to drive change at the global, national and sub-national levels. In Uganda, the department is implementing a one-year workplan focusing on the continuum of care for reproduction, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) services. It also focuses on immunization, primary health care, COVID-19 pandemic prevention and vaccine introduction and deployment.
Throughout the year 2021, the department team in Uganda will engage in a series of advocacy engagements to deliver on its primary policy outcomes. The advocacy engagements that will require photography services (as and when considered necessary) will include, both small and large meetings and workshops, public events, media and communication activities, community engagements, virtual meetings, project impact documentation, on-job and remote advocacy technical assistance.
The overall objective of this consultancy assignment is to document for the APP department through photography, key advocacy moments involving key policy/decision makers at national and sub-national level.
The specific tasks for the consultant will include the following;
- Perform appropriate photography services determined as necessary for each advocacy engagement activity where key policy/decision makers are present
- Edit at least 50 close-up action photos of key policy/decision makers, PATH staff and partners to be used for social media engagements and in activity reports and other communication materials.
- Caption each edited photo with specific details such as the location taken, name of the person (for portraits), activity and any other relevant information following PATH’s photography guidelines and standards
- With guidance from PATH staff, obtain consent from the photo subjects by making sure they all sign consent forms allowing PATH to use their photos in official publications.
- Save all the photos (both raw and edited) on a PATH-owned external hard drive and deliver it to PATH at the end of an advocacy engagement.
Expected Technical Standards:
- Must use an HD camera to take high-resolution photos.
- As per PATH standards, use landscape as the default position for taking photos, unless portrait is preferred for specific technical or subject orientation reasons.
- 50 edited high resolution photos with detailed captions per event delivered on an external hard drive
- Bulk collection of unedited high resolution photos per event delivered on an external hard drive
- Consent forms for the selected photo subjects