EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC’s approach to equity, diversity, and inclusion is grounded in EDC’s commitment to respect the dignity of each individual. EDC has a commitment to promoting equity and access to high quality education and health services that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. EDC expresses its commitment to increasing equity through its strategies, services and products, which contribute to building capacity and transforming lives.
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Education Development Center has collaborated with public and private partners to advance large-scale solutions for education and health challenges across the globe. EDC Solutions brings this vast expertise directly to individuals and organizations striving to address urgent challenges in public health, education, and workforce development. Through EDC Solutions, clients like healthcare systems, school districts, and local and state agencies have the same access to EDC’s innovative, high-quality service offerings as multinational organizations and large foundations. EDC Solutions currently has three lines of business: Zero Suicide Institute, Prevention Solutions, and Education and Wellbeing.
EDC is hiring a full-time Business Operations Manager for EDC Solutions, a portfolio of fee for service business units striving to scale innovative solutions in education, public health, workforce development
The Business Operations Manager will lead, oversee, and strategically align all aspects of service delivery support in collaboration with business unit leaders. Service delivery support will include all aspects of day to day operations including, administrative support, technology and systems support, logistics management, project management, vendor relationship management, human resources management, and information and knowledge management.
- Partner with business unit directors to develop and execute sales growth goals and strategies
- Oversee and direct support teams in planning for proposal submissions, project delivery support, adherence to schedules and timelines, resource requirements, and quality standards; support teams include administrative staff and multimedia technologists
- Facilitate the business development pipeline; monitor and drive opportunities toward resolution
- Initiate and lead workgroup conversations with EDC A&F (Administration and Finance) teams to advocate for solutions that address operations needs and improvements that are unique to EDC Solutions
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues across EDC
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of training & experience required in a related discipline
- An aptitude for critical thinking and analytical reasoning to support strategies, decisions, and solutions; guided by evidence and data
- Ability to drive progress with an entrepreneurial spirit and customer-friendly mindset
- Uniquely skilled at navigating disparate personalities, skills-sets, and approaches to ensure clear and effective communication and collaboration
- Experience and ability to plan, lead, and manage projects
What We Offer:
- This position is eligible for full-time telework for US-based candidates.
- A mission-driven work environment
- Health, dental, and vision insurance and employee assistance program
- 12 paid holidays
- Generous vacation benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition and transportation reimbursement
- Retirement plan including robust employer contributions
- Paid sick time and up to 16 hours of personal time annually
- Parental leave
At EDC, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all US-based EDC employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, as a condition of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.