The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 29 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Business Manager, Leadership Gifts is a pivotal member of the team, providing key analytical and operational support to aid in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of over 3,000 high capacity private donors and prospects. The position is integrated across a 20+ member team.
- Manage Leadership Gifts budget tracking and expenses. This includes overseeing the expense approval process; submitting and tracking expenses; following up with Finance on payments; managing ATC forms, contracts and agreements; and providing regular budget tracking updates and other information as required to the Senior Director, Leadership Gifts.
- Develop new ways to capture and report on donor-related data for major gifts, including processes that measure and audit the effectiveness of donor engagement through moves management to advance stewardship and communications strategies.
- Develop and manage operational projects and initiatives that advance the team’s understanding and utilization of SalesForce, working in close partnership with the Data and Analytics and Strategic Operations teams.
- Support major gifts officers to manage restricted giving, including tracking reporting requirements and working with the Data and Analytics team to ensure accurate coding of gifts in SalesForce.
- Maintain and continuously improve the ‘New Leads’ system, a mechanism for tracking and reporting on new high capacity contacts.
- Identify the need for, and develop and maintain team policies and practices, ensuring relevant and consistent business rules are in place to support improved workflow and efficiency across the Leadership Gifts team.
- Work in partnership with Leadership Gifts Associates and act as a contingency for other members of the Stewardship team.
- Support other projects and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- 2-3 years’ experience in a professional office environment.
- Three years’ experience working in a non-profit development department.
- Experience and / or demonstrated interest in the humanitarian sector.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel;
- Sound knowledge of SalesForce and it’s functionality;
- Proven project management skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and productively in a fast-paced environment and respond and adapt to shifting priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills;
- A high level of energy, self-confidence, initiative, and follow-through;
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as take initiative independently;
- Commitment to respect and maintain confidentiality of donor information.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience supporting analytics, research, and/or operational projects.
- Knowledge of fundraising in a non-profit setting.
Language Skills: English (fluent)
Working Environment: Standard work environment.