Position Title: Business Intelligence Associate, Financial Planning
Reports to: Associate Director, Financial Planning
Location: Remote (Boston, MA preferred)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to the PIH Associate Director of Financial Planning and working closely with the PIH global finance and Strategic Information Systems (SIS) teams, the Business Intelligence Associate will focus on building, improving, and managing critical systems and projects pertaining to PIH’s current and future financial planning efforts. This role will serve as a key link between the global finance team and organizational leaders to the technical solutions they require, turning financial data into meaningful and accurate tools for analysis, reporting, and decision-making. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical knowledge, excellent communication and customer service skills, and the ability to think critically and solve problems.
Report Development and Management (40%)
- Manage a suite of financial reports to ensure utilization, accuracy, quality, and that user and consumer needs are met
- Utilizing Microsoft Power BI and Jet Reports, edit existing reports and design new ones as needs arise, with an eye on designing improved solutions that foster better engagement from end users
User Support and Training (25%)
- Act as a primary resource for report users and consumers, giving trainings, troubleshooting issues, and collecting feedback for product improvement
- Keep education materials and user manuals up-to-date, accessible, and widely disseminated so that staff know how to get the most out of the reports and tools available to them
Testing and Feedback (25%)
- Support the roll out of new tools and processes by designing user acceptance testing scenarios
- Act as a key resource for direct testing and providing feedback on tools designed by the SIS team
- Help with coordinating testing and feedback from other users on draft tools and reports
Quality Control (10%)
- Develop quality control reports to analyze data inputs from the various systems and software, ensuring that data is accurate and up to date across the suite of reports
- Monitor results and follow-up with users as needed to identify pain points or topics for refresher training sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, Mathematics, or similar area
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Power BI and Jet Reports, or the proven ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, with an ability to collaborate effectively across a range of cultures, personalities, and competencies
- Project management experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable
A Cover Letter and Resume are required to be eligible for application review.
Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit, global health organization that fights social injustice by bringing the benefits of modern medical science first and foremost to the most vulnerable communities around the world. PIH focuses on those who would not otherwise have access to quality health care. PIH partners with the world’s leading academic institutions to create rigorous evidence that shapes more sound and all-inclusive global health policies. PIH also supports local governments’ efforts to build capacity and strengthen national health systems.
As of today, PIH runs programs in 11 countries (Haiti, Peru, Rwanda, Mexico, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Malawi, Lesotho, Russia, Kazakhstan, Navajo Nation), where it provides direct care to millions of patients, through public facilities and community engagement.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
Partners In Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.