Tetra Tech IDS is accepting expressions of interest for a Business Development Specialist to provide cross-cutting support for executing business and proposal development initiatives.
This position reports to the Business Development Director and is based in San Francisco, CA.
* Develop a clear understanding of Tetra Tech DPK’s current project portfolio and staff and firm capabilities and communicate to potential consultants and clients;
* Identify and track business development opportunities;
* Develop capture plans for assigned opportunities;
* Research opportunities with new clients and new partners;
* Develop and manage the proposal production calendar to ensure the team stays on schedule;
* Manage the proposal development process for assigned opportunities, including contributing to writing and editing;
* Prepare and maintain proposal required documents and ensure proposals meet RFP requirements.
* Manage proposal production process;
* Write sections of proposals as assigned, including cross-cutting sections of the technical approach, institutional capacity and experience, management plans, personnel sections, cost proposal and the annexes;
* Develop budgets and budget narratives for project proposals consistent with the technical approach;
* Recruit local handlers to support the proposal development process and the field team;
* Identify subcontractors and negotiate with them on their role; collect related paperwork from them required for proposal submission during proposal preparation phase;
* Draft and develop project 2-Pagers and maintain project descriptions up to date by working with our project implementation team.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
* Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Political Science, Journalism/Communication, or other related field required, Master’s degree preferred;
* Demonstrated experience supporting business and proposal development initiatives of donor funded projects and activities;
* 3 to 5 years relevant work experience, international experience preferred;
* Experience in coordinating and writing proposals;
* Excellent oral and written intercultural communication and team building skills;
* Knowledge of US Government proposal processes and contracting mechanisms, familiarity with USAID a plus;
* High level of proficiency in MS Office applications, database management, and Internet sources;
* Must possess high level interpersonal skills and be an energetic and be a collaborative team player with a “can do” attitude;
* Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing information;
* Must be very well organized with high level ability to independently plan, prioritize, multi-task, take initiative and manage multiple deadlines;
* Must have high degree of reliability and follow through;
* Must be able to adapt to changes in a fast paced, dynamic, and sometimes intense work environment;
* Speaking and reading proficiency in French, Spanish, or Arabic is helpful but not required;
* Availability for short-term international travel to developing, transitioning, and post-conflict countries on short notice;
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity
* A current resume in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.