The Business Development Specialist position will support ChildFund Philippine’s overall grant acquisition strategy. In close collaboration with the Programme Director and Technical Specialists, the BD Specialist will lead business development processes and plans, such as capture planning, prepositioning, Proposal development and write-up, alignment with donor requirements, templates and timelines. The Specialist will also take the lead in ensuring robust knowledge management systems are in place and functioning to support grant acquisition. This position reports to the National Director.
Development of Capture Plans:
- Regularly conduct research on donor priorities and National Office programmatic strengths, and support the Philippines Team in the development and update of capture plans.
- In collaboration with the Programme Director and Life Stage teams, analyze pipeline, and advise and support on actions to strengthen pipeline.
Quality Proposal Development
- Support proposal development process from capture to negotiation: Monitor websites to identify new opportunities, analyze solicitation and draft compliance matrix, proposal calendar, and checklists, manage proposal files, and lead the development of the final bid.
- In coordination with the proposal and technical teams, draft capacity statements, past performance references, management plans, and some sections of the technical proposal.
- As a key member of the proposal team, conduct desk reviews to inform proposal strategy, such as Go/No-go decisions, problem analysis, partnering and staffing decisions.
- Support the development of cost proposal and review budgets for cost realism and accuracy.
- Liaise with partners in preparation of cost proposals, and prepare budget narratives.
- Manage production of supporting documentation of cost application in compliance with ChildFund Policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure that staff and partners are aware of and following donor compliance requirements.
- Develop knowledge management system for tracking opportunities from capture to award; lead the management of the knowledge database to ensure information shared between Life Stage teams, technical staff, to capture new opportunities.
- Collation and communication of learning from successful and unsuccessful proposals, for incorporation in future bids
- In collaboration with country and regional staff, manage knowledge base of programme concepts, capacity statements, proposal templates, pricing tables; manage repository of proposal development templates, pre-award tools, and trainings.
- Develop tools and build capacity of national office staff on use of tools.
- Required Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of key donors rules and regulations
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of USG donors (i.e. USAID, DOL, State, etc.) multilateral, foundations, and other institutions’ grant making initiatives. Prior experience preparing large multi-million dollar proposals.
- Strong budgeting and data analysis skills
- Outstanding writing skills in English
- In-depth knowledge of Word, Advanced Excel skills, Powerpoint, Visio, Project, and Adobe
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and is resourceful ‐ to develop and build the best possible information system
- Some travel may be required
MA or equivalent experience in public administration, international relations or a related field preferred
- Required Experience
- At least 5 years of Business Development experience