PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges
Summary of Position
PATH is recruiting for a Business Development Officer (BDO) to support PATH’s business development and partnerships efforts with multiple donors, including the United States government (USAID, CDC, NIH, etc.), European and other governments, foundations, and the private sector. This position will focus on developing new business intelligence, positioning, and proposal development, requiring both strategic and tactical direction and support. This position is pivotal to developing sound, responsive and compelling bids. Partnering with the PATH Kenya country program and other PATH country and global technical programs and others across the organization, the BDO will be in the center of the work, able to affect the direction of key opportunities. They will work both internally across the organization as well as externally with donors and partners. Duties may require domestic and international travel, when safe to do so, and a flexible work schedule to permit early morning or late evening calls or assignments.
- Build close relationships with PATH Kenya and other country and global technical programs as assigned and ensure delivery of the full life cycle of business development services, from pipeline development to strategic guidance for positioning to proposal management.
- Develop longer-range business plans with country programs.
- Strategize for and conduct discussions with potential donors and partners on new business opportunities.
- Represent country programs and PATH in business development efforts, including with donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Network and share information on PATH’s country, regional, and global technical work to build our organizational reputation and brand in the region.
- Provide guidance and support in business intelligence gathering and developing and implementing positioning plans.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for bid decisions.
- Acquire approval of needed resources to pursue bids.
- Manage prime and sub bids for USAID and other donor opportunities from positioning through active proposal development.
- Ensure proposal quality and compliance with PATH and donor requirements; engage leadership to resolve issues.
- Draft and/or review proposal sections as relevant.
- Use Salesforce to capture information on donors, partners, and opportunities.
- Supervise/mentor less experienced staff.