Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this is a remote position through September 2021. When SI determines that it is safe for staff to return to the office, the Business Development Manager will be based in the Washington, DC-area.
- As Capture Manager, conduct research for capture, including analyzing competition and potential partners, background information on the client and current implementation efforts, country context, and relevant on-the-ground knowledge.
- Develop capture plans.
- Organize and participate in capture trips.
- Outreach to new partners, especially small businesses and local partners.
- Reading and interpreting solicitations to identify critical items required for compliant responses, as well as strategies for winning and risks.
- As proposal manager, oversee and manage all aspects of the proposal development processes, including:
- Lead kickoff meetings and preparation of accompanying documents (proposal calendar, outlines);
- Facilitate solution design and storyboarding sessions;
- Lead proposal review meetings;
- Maintain relationships with partners;
- Draft various sections of proposals;
- Compile inputs from proposal team members;
- Review budgets;
- Ensure responsiveness to and compliance with solicitation documents;
- Manage and oversee competitive range and BAFO responses; and
- Conduct after action reviews.
- As Proposal Coordinator, support the Proposal Manager in accordance with duties assigned.
- Coordinate with other service areas and support units involved in the proposal development.
- Other duties may include providing administrative and logistical support to proposal teams, drafting consulting agreements, managing invoicing and payment of consultants, arranging travel, hotels, visas, and insurances for capture/proposal team members.
- Play a key role in Business Development team management by overseeing an assigned set of approximately 1-2 Business Development staff, including Associates and/or Assistants.
- Provide advice, training, and support on general capture and proposal management; relationship management; recruitment; and pricing.
- Provide oversight to assigned staff’s capture and proposal management responsibilities.
- Conduct goal setting, coaching and performance reviews and appraisals for assigned staff.
- Attend and coordinate Business Development opportunities such as domestic partnering meetings, think tank meetings, conferences, university events, career fairs, seminars, and other activities.
Special Initiatives and Other Duties:
- Lead and/or support special initiatives, such as developing market entry strategies for new clients, developing/refining knowledge management tools for the department, and promoting learning and application of best practices.
- Participate and contribute to departmental and companywide strategy development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, including international relations, political science, public affairs, and communications.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience related to international development, including 3 years in proposal development for US Government agencies or other international donor organizations.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral & written communications skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Work or study experience in another country.
- Experience with USAID proposal development.
- Professional proficiency in a foreign language.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com .
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls