The main purpose of Business Development Assistant role is to support the Business Development Manager (BDM) with the management of the project pipeline (applications and tenders) in French Tenders Practice within Business Development Department.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the development of expressions of interest and tenders in Francophone Sub- Saharan Africa and Northern Africa
- Managing the administrative sections for all submitted expressions of interest and tenders
- Coordination with partner organisations during tender preparation
- Managing the design process of technical proposals
- Travel for the submission of tenders
- Support on recruitment for proposals, where necessary
- Ensure all administrative documents meet compliance obligations and client requirements
- Facilitate information sharing within the unit, and with other DAI offices
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Academic qualification in a relevant field or equivalent
- Fluent in French and English – written and spoken
- Demonstrable understanding of and interest in international development and working in an international/multi-cultural environment
- Some experience of working with major European donors
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and compliance skills
- Proactive, assertive and action-oriented with strong intellectual agility and ability
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to travel internationally if required
- Proven experience supporting consulting services or international development projects
- Experience of quality management systems
The salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. DAI offers a generous benefits package and there are several day-to-day perks of working at DAI that help keep us happy and motivated! Closing date for applications is 27th October 2020 and interviews will be held progressively.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. This job description details the key elements of the role and is not an exhaustive list of duties. Job roles evolve over time and job-holders may be required to complete additional tasks in line with business needs.
You will be pleased to know that we strive to uphold the highest ethical standards and that we are working with our clients to reduce the opportunity for people who are known to have breached ethical standards to work in our field.â€¯ Any staff and/or consultant contract with DAI, therefore, will be subject to satisfactory reference checking and vetting.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.