SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,300 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In our new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will aim more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with highly decentralized management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: http://www.snv.org
SNV is seeking a dynamic Business Development Administrator to join our Business Development team in the Marketing and Business Development Unit. The team is focused on supporting our global sector teams (Agriculture, Energy and WASH) and 25+ country teams in achieving SNV’s business development and performance targets to support the implementation of SNV’s Strategic Plan 2019-2022. The position will report to the Head of Marketing and Business Development.
As Business Development Administrator you will monitor and contribute to data quality and reliability of BD systems, in particular Salesforce, supporting continuous improvements to business development systems processes and tools. The Business Development Administrator will analyse systems data and provide monthly/quarterly management reports and management information, to enable steering Business Development at a Global/Country level. Additionally the position will support the contracting and budget administration of consultancy contracts with individual experts.
Key responsibilities include:
- BD systems administration. Support and coaching the Business Development team and country staff in continuously updating business development systems (Salesforce, SharePoint), improving data quality and data reliability, identifying issues and bottle necks, and providing web and field based training and support.
- Monitoring and reporting on BD performance. Regularly consolidate and analyse Sales force data and reports and from other systems and databases, and prepare monthly management reports and overviews using existing formats and based on guidelines from the Head of Marketing and Business Development
- Contract administration and support. Support the bid managers in the hiring of consultants, and in maintaining a registry of consultancy contracts, including the pool of proposal writers and external consultants, and in the administration of the BD Budget, supporting the Head of Marketing and Business Development.
- BD systems improvement. Implement improvements to business development systems, processes and tools in line with business requirements and (if required) in close collaboration with other departments within SNV (e.g. ICT). These include the BD Toolbox, BD Guide, intranet site, and portal subscriptions (e.g. Devex).
- Bid preparation support. Provide support to bid managers to collect/compile project references, CVs, and administrative and legal documents required for priority bids, and ensure relevant databases (Salesforce, SharePoint, Smart Recruiters) are properly maintained and up-to-date.
- BD Hub support. Respond to questions and to requests for information from global sector and country teams received through the BD Hub ticketing system, and support bid managers if needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business, ICT or related field;
- Preferably 1-2 years of work experience working with CRM software and tools (preferably Salesforce);
- Understanding of International Development sector and ideally donors (the EU, DFID and other European bi-laterals);
- Proactive, independent work approach and a high attention to detail and accuracy given the nature of the role;
- An advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint;
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills. Analytical capabilities and service-orientation.
Contract Type Dutch Employment Contract
Contract Duration: 1 year
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Duty Station: The Hague, The Netherlands
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and international working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, a global network of experts. For more information, please visit: http://www.snv.org
How to Apply:
If you believe your credentials meet the profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter before Monday, October 14, 2019.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement