The Business Associate (BA) serves as a key member of the Europe and Eurasia Department. The BA is responsible for providing business support to management and program staff during pre-award, implementation, and closeout. The BA will work closely with program staff to assist in developing, managing, and reconciling budgets and project expenditures in support of program objectives. The BA will be expected to perform complicated tasks requiring prior experience, education or training. The BA will also assist the Business Manager to implement and maintain effective financial management controls and ensure compliance with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracks monthly expenditures against project and portfolio budgets;
- Assists management and program staff to forecast planned expenditures;
- Reviews invoices, payment requests, advance requests, expense reimbursements and proper coding, prior to approval;
- Reviews sub-grantee financial reports and any supporting documentation;
- Develops PMU subgrants and contracts;
- Reviews and reconciles monthly credit card statements;
- Assists in preparing proposal budgets, budget narratives, and budget modifications;
- Assists in investigating financial discrepancies and deficiencies;
- Drafts contracts for external consultants and services as needed;
- Provides ad hoc financial and administrative support to management, as requested;
- Provides financial and contractual support to local finance staff;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values;
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree;
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written Russian;
- Two years of experience working with an international NGO is preferable;
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations, particularly USAID and US State Dept.;
- Excellent communications and organizational skills;
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel;
- Proven ability to set priorities and mange time effectively;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments;
- US work authorization required.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.