About the Position
This position holds the primary responsibility of assisting the Business Manager (B) for the Asia programs. The Business Associate (BA) will provide general financial support to assist in the successful management and close-out of projects across the Asia region. Tasks will range from reconciling monthly expenditures with Headquarters (HQ) records, recording, and forecasting project expenditures to liaising with staff in the Asia country offices and management of partner agreements, with primary focus on the financial reporting, and assisting with HQ’s audit inquiries.
You’re an ideal candidate for this position if you have excellent written and oral communication skills; strong attention to detail; a knack for keeping highly organized; dedication to keeping things moving and on track; the ability to prioritize competing tasks; comfort with taking initiative; and a voracious desire to learn.
Ultimately, this job will be based in Arcata, California. However, all Internews’ staff are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to do so until at least January 1, 2021. Until the situation meaningfully changes, this position will also function remotely.
Our Commitment to a Culture of Belonging
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams,and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, the self-taught, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
Key Responsibilities of the Position include:
- Assist the Business Manager and Regional Office finance team with program expenditures against budget, forecasting for planned expenditures throughout the project lifecycle;
- Assist the Business Manager with audit inquiries, providing supporting documentation and preparing responses;
- Responsible for reconciling monthly credit card and bank statements;
- Tracks and maintains cost-share where applicable;
- Significant communication and interaction with program staff and HQ Accounting, Human Resources, and Grants & Contracts Departments;
- Reviews invoices, expense reimbursements, advance request, and payment requests, including review for proper coding and approvals;
- Supports local program teams with financial oversight of local partner agreements;
- Completes internal requests for procurement of goods and services as needed;
- Provides clerical and administrative support to management as requested;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications We’re Looking For:
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Relevant University degree OR equivalent professional experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel lekarna-slovenija.com
- Proven ability to set priorities, manage time effectively and handle on-going assignments
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- High degree of social adaptability and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate multiple time zones
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations, particularly USAID and US Department of State
- Prior experience working with an International NGO a plus.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our Internews Benefits page.