Social Impact is conducting a midterm performance evaluation of USAID/Nepal’s Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN II) project, implemented by Winrock International.
Since 2017, Winrock International has implemented the Knowledge-Based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN) II activity. This activity addresses four areas: (I) Improve the productivity of selected agricultural market systems; (II) strengthen the competitiveness, resilience, and inclusiveness of selected agricultural market systems; (III) strengthen the enabling environment of selected agricultural market systems; (IV) increase ability of vulnerable communities to act on business opportunities within selected market systems; and (V) apply collaboration, learning, and adaptation to market systems development.
The purpose of this midterm performance evaluation is to assess USAID/Nepal’s efforts to strengthen the performance of the selected agriculture market systems against performance indicators and targets. The evaluation will examine efforts to strengthen key market actors’ roles in delivering services in the selected agriculture value chains and also examine the effectiveness on creating an enabling policy environment for private sector engagement in agriculture. The findings from the evaluation will be used to determine whether the activity is on the right track and to generate recommendations for further improvement and adaptation during the remaining years. The evaluation is also expected to contribute to the mission’s ongoing and future activities by generating evidence of good practices. The evaluation will be conducted April through August 2020, with anticipated data collection in program sites over a period of three to four weeks in May and June.
SI is seeking a Business and Market Systems consultant to support the Mid-Term Performance Evaluation of the KISAN II Activity. The consultant will provide subject matter expertise in the development and implementation of agriculture value chain activities and must have a successful track record of strengthening businesses in the agriculture sector.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only current residents or citizens of Nepal will be considered.**
- Provide subject matter expertise in developing and implementing agriculture value chain activities.
- Deliver technical inputs in the preparation of reports, briefings, and presentations for USAID/Nepal.
- Support the Team Leader, Agriculture Sector Specialist and other team members in conducting analysis of agriculture value chains.
- Provide support in the drafting and editing of the final report as needed.
- A master’s degree in an agricultural science such as agriculture economics, business administration, or another relevant graduate degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the development and implementation of agriculture value chain activities.
- Demonstrated experience in business strengthening and value chains.
- Experience in conducting evaluation or research studies.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.