PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for Business Analysts who will support a CDC-funded program titled “Strengthening the Government of Tanzania’s Capacity to Develop, Implement, and Use Digital Health to Achieve HIV/TB Epidemic Control through Interoperable Information Systems, Governance, Quality Improvement, and Workforce Support under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to increase the ability of health information systems (HIS) to support high-quality patient-centered services, data quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and emerging health sector objectives.
The project will work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) and health system stakeholders to organize the building, implementation, and scale-up of Tanzania’s HIS and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic decision-making.
The Business Analyst positions will be split between two disciplines: Aggregate Data HIS and Individual-level HIS. They will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, documenting business process requirements and process mapping. They will be responsible for translating business needs into actionable specifications or products, contributing to the deployment and liaising with the team to ensure developed products to fulfil end-user needs. The Business Analysts will report up to the Architecture and Systems Analysis Lead and be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Work with technical leads to understand the requirements and analyze any requirement discrepancies identified.
- Using PATH’s CRDM methodology, facilitate collaborative workshops and field validation with wide range of stakeholders to develop the product vision and refine functional requirements.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand the requirements and analyze any requirement discrepancies identified.
- Identify and evaluate information system technologies based on: fitness for purpose, total cost of ownership, system effectiveness and business model.
- Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders
- Coordinate testing efforts by providing timely written and verbal technical expertise and test plans for new feature/software releases and conducting unit testing of new feature/software before release.
- Ensure there is service level expectations associated with local development and ongoing operations in HIV/TB service delivery.