The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Budget and Contract Analyst I for the Environment and Production Technology Division (EPTD) Division. This is a one year, exempt, fixed-term, renewable appointment based in Washington, DC.
The successful candidate will be well-rounded and able to perform a range of budgets and contract duties as noted below and will be working in a fast pace environment in conjunction with the Contract and Grants Administrator and Project Leaders in managing the budgets, contracts, deliverables, invoices and other payment documents.
Essential Duties: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing technical support in proposal preparation, reviewing contracts to ensure they reflect the provisions negotiated; drafting budgets for proposals.
- Managing institutional and consultancy contracts processing: monitoring performance of contracts, making payments ensuring deliverables are submitted and financial reports, when applicable, are in order prior to effecting payments; maintain electronic copies of all contracts.
- Reviewing monthly project financial reports; provide financial analysis reports on projects.
- Develops spreadsheets & maintains financial information for planning & reference.
- Assisting in the preparation of the Division’s annual budgets.
- Working in close coordination with the CCAFS/CRP7 project management, including the preparation of special reports requested/submitted.
- Drafts routine correspondence regarding contracts or project/program finances.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant professional experience preferably managing budgets, or Master’s degree.
- Experience in developing, monitoring and managing budgets and contracts.
- Experience in coordinating budget process, reviewing accounting transactions, developing financial projections and reports
- Solid composition, grammar and proof reading skills, with the ability to compose correspondence and reports; excellent written and oral English communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, word processing & spreadsheet programs required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks & prioritize tasks with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, and capacity to follow-through to closure.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to adjust to working with multiple individuals and different work styles, in a multicultural environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to work within a team in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential matters.