Unrestricted U.S. work authorization required
Starting salary, based on experience, is $40-45K
TO APPLY: Please upload an insightful cover letter along with your resume.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
The mission of the Resource Development (RD) department is to advance the organization’s strategic goals and support our worldwide team by raising funds, profile and influence. The RD team encompasses several dozen dynamic professionals who possess a wide range of skills. We are gift officers, direct response fundraisers, web developers, marketers and media relations strategists. We are database managers, digital specialists, creative designers, storytellers and teachers. Most of all, we are passionate about Mercy Corps’ mission and believe a better world is possible.
The Brand Marketing Traffic Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the workflow of creative products from project goals to completion, on time and within budget. Projects may include print, web, social media, video and other deliverables to raise money and awareness for the agency. They will be responsible for tracking and documenting project processes such as meeting recap notes, cost estimates, approvals, next steps, briefs, schedules and deliverables lists. The Brand Marketing Traffic Coordinator will also coordinate scheduling, assist with stakeholder communication and ensure project deadlines are met. Building and maintaining positive relationships between the creative team and their partners is a critical aspect of this role.
- Must understand tenants of effective project management and have outstanding attention to detail.
- Serve as day-to-day coordinator on creative projects for brand marketing and resource development. Assist with reviewing, assessing and prioritizing incoming creative requests within two days of receiving a request.
- Work directly with teams to understand project requests, gather requirements, and define objectives, deliverables and delivery dates. Support the project team to plan resources and develop clear and actionable project plans.
- Tracks projects to ensure they are on scope, on time and on budget. Aligns multiple calendars to ensure the right stakeholders are brought to the table at the right time.
- Consistently communicates to stakeholders about updates on progress, relevant delays or issues, and budget implications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Admin Support & Logistics
- Assist with team and project-based meeting support including note taking, action items, agendas and scheduling.
- Process and complete vendor invoices and new contracts as needed.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years experience managing short and long-term projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing request, tasks, and deadlines; and to manage the demands with grace and humor
- Self-starter, organized, and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office and Google app skills required
- International, non-profit, and/or government experience preferred
- BA/S in related field or equivalent experience
The successful Brand Marketing Traffic Coordinator will have both excellent verbal and written communications skills, and people skills with an ability to patiently discuss scope and schedules with internal clients according to workloads and timelines. They will be able to establish relationships build on trust and credibility across departments. They will have the ability to track multiple jobs simultaneously so they are on time and on budget and will be able to stay calm and firm under pressure. They will need to be nimble enough to manage an ongoing portfolio of work and take on new projects as they arise. Demonstrated attention to detail, an ability to meet deadlines and an ability to work both independently and cooperatively are essential skills. Finally, a successful Brand Marketing Traffic Coordinator must effectively and accurately represent Mercy Corps at all times.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
The position is based in Portland, OR and requires no travel.
Robust Team Member Benefits
- Zero-premium health, dental and vision coverage for team member, spouse and dependents
- 90% subsidized annual TriMet pass
- 403(b) retirement savings account with a 6% employer contribution at 1 year
(Eligibility requirements may apply)
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.