Starting Date: 01/06/2020
- Acting as a liaison with field and home office staff in order to provide effective support;
- Monitoring and providing administrative support for field activities;
- Processing monthly financial reports and in-country expenditures;
- Tracking project budgets;
- Providing guidance and support for large scale procurements for projects;
- Liaising with USAID Missions and other funders regarding administrative and contractual matters when appropriate;
- Providing logistical and administrative support to expatriate field staff and expatriate consultants;
- Collaborating with technical staff to identify, recruit, and field staff and consultants for project assignments;
- Providing support to the project team for technical assistance visits, and contract monitoring;
- Monitoring subcontracts and liaising with US based subcontractors;
- Coordinating field staff orientations and visits to Boston office;
- Assisting in the preparation, review, and dissemination of project reports;
- Working with technical staff to develop program budgets;
- Periodically reporting out to the Boston International Division on project status;
- Carrying out other relevant tasks as necessary.
2. The PO will work as part of a team and provide leadership in the preparation of proposals for new projects; (prepare budgets, coordinate proposal logistics, assist in proposal writing).
3. The PO will participate and lead activities to maintain and improve the overall functioning of the Boston International Division.
- BA degree in a related field;
- Experience providing program support in an international development context;
- Experience living/working in a culturally diverse environment, including overseas;
- Strong writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Ability to work well without close oversight/supervision;
- Strong time management/task prioritization skills;
- Ability and willingness to provide detailed financial support and accounting for overseas projects;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and other software programs;
- Interest in learning about global health and other international development issues;
- Fluency in English, and working knowledge of French, Portuguese or Arabic a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 10/25/2019.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.