Rights Respected, People Protected
The Middle East Regional Office based in Amman, Jordan was created in January 2014 as part of NRC’s reorganization process. We currently have more than 3,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria, Libya Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine. Our work is concentrated on the shelter, education, food security, legal assistance and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.
NRC operations is in the Middle East have grown significantly in recent years and further growth is expected in the months to come. With large operations in such fluid contexts, the NRC Middle East Regional Office has a stimulating and rewarding work environment, a collaborative workforce and genuine place of passion responding to a region in crisis
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
This position will be part of the MERO team working in close coordination with the M&E and Education Advisors, and senior staff in NRC’s country offices. Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as focal point for the BLP capacity building component across relevant COs;
- Support the development of the revised/new BLP materials (such as the BLP training package, the BLP youth module, the revised BLP2 package and any other relevant training materials);
- Support the PSS/SEL Regional Adviser in the development of the BLP Guidelines for Implementation;
- Support PSS/SEL Regional Adviser and the M&E BLP Coordinator in reporting requirements;
- Desk review and analyis of existing BLP training materials;
- Set up of a workplan made available to relevant COs including regional workshop/fora to develop the capacity building materials with the relevant NRC collegues;
- Actively participate together with PSS/SEL Regional Adviser in the BLP Technical Steering Committee/project governance structures meetings to move forward project milestones through structured approach;
- Support in the hiring process and work in collaboration with the project consultant in charge of proof-reading, revising and developing the layout of the training packages;
- Support in the hiring process and work in collaboration with the project consultant in charge of the self-care/leadership/conflict management component to be included in the overall BLP training package;
- Focal point to ensure quality implementation of BLP in relevant COs through Skype follow-up, field-visits, coaching etc;
- Support PSS/SEL Regional Adviser in defininig the research and learning agenda with the University of Tromso (UiT) and the packages to be included in the online UiT course;
- Compile and disseminate best practice, lessons learnt, recommendations, and case studies from project implementation, creating and tracking against a project improvement plan.
We welcome applications from qualified and interested internal candidates. This position is open to current NRC staff.
Contract Period: 6 months contract
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty Station: Amman, Jordan
Non Family duty station